Sunday, October 28, 2007

The team is here!!!!

Our team safely arrived in SA yesterday at 2:45pm and to Africa School of Missions, where they are staying, at about 9pm. All is well.

We went to a church in Masoyi this morning. We all enjoyed it VERY much. I have actually never been to church in the community, so this was a special treat for me as well. There is nothing like African singing! Someone made the comment that the reason that we use so many instraments at home is because we cannot sing like they do here. I have tried to tape it, but it just never comes out like it sounds in person. I think because it is more of an experiense rather than just a song.

We were all challenged by the message as well. The lady who was giving the Word, spoke from John 6:35. If someone from our team had given the very same message, it would not have had the same impact. She was speaking first about physical hunger. When people are severely impoverished, they sometimes eat dirt to deal with their hunger pains. - This made me think of Augusto. He ate dirt even after he came to Maforga. I cannot express to you how deeply it hurt to think that he ate dirt to curb his hunger because his family did not give him food. Then, even when we were giving him food, he still ate dirt. Perhaps because it is what he had learned to do.

She then compared this to spiritual hunger. when we try to fill our spiritual hunger with things other than God, it is like eating dirt. - Wow. What a picture. So often the lord uses physical things to teach us physical lessons. May my heart break to the the same degree for the lost as it does when I think about why Augusto ate dirt.

The team's jet lag is wearing off and they are excited about their first day of ministry tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who sent goodies! My friends tease me that I earn my keep around here by keeping them supplied with movies! Thank you for helping me out! On a very serious note, I cannot express how loved I feel by you, for sending notes, toys, medication, bibles, movies, music, fun tanks... The greatest gift is for the team to be here. It is SO great to have them here.

thank you mom for sending a video message with jill. We are going to put it on my computer so that I can watch it again and again. I love you VERY much!!

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

this is HJ - I am happy to hear they all made is safetly. =)

Nore said...

I am very glad everyone made it to SA well! You are trully doing a great thing! Please say hi to Aline for me :-)

Janie Steadman said...

Jean Aimee,

Haven't checked your website in a while. It is so enlightening. I so admire you and your team for the work you do. You are truly an inspiration.

Stay safe and well.

Janie