Friday, January 9, 2009

Transition

World in View is building the kingdom in the USA as well as in Africa. Since it was founded in 2007, I have seen the Lord use WIV to help individuals discover and pursue what the Lord has for them. Without a doubt, Jeff and Rebecca Neal have played this role in my life.


It feels like I have always wanted to work with people with HIV, but I could not articulate exactly why for several years. While studying Luke 4 it became clear to me that Jesus came to set free and to heal the most vulnerable in society. That was it! Finally I understood that the Lord was giving me a small piece of His heart. A heart to ensure that those who are most vulnerable in Africa know by our actions that they are loved and not forgotten.


"God sees you. You are not forgotten. You are not alone." became my montra while in Africa. This core message was conveyed through every task and assignment I was given. I longed for people to know that they were not alone. The Lord has not abandoned them. And we have come to stand with them as they see their dreams realized for their community to LIVE. Being a part of WIV made it possible for me to fulfill the Lord’s calling in this season. WIV held me close while pushing me closer to Jesus, to trust Him more for my every need.

As I see WIV develop, I can see their impact on so many people through their annual short term field service opportunities in Africa and relationships at home.

In 2009 WIV plans to take several more small teams to Mozambique and to South Africa. WIV is a part of an amazing move that the Lord is doing across Africa.


The heart of our Father breaks for those who are suffering. He longs to go to them- using your feet and touch them- using your hands.

He places dreams and longings in your heart so that He can express His love and His grace through you in a most unique way. I challenge you not to allow your dreams to remain dreams. May you be found faithful with the dreams that you have been given, allowing your dreams to become reality! As you do, I can imagine that the reality of the Lord's love will be made clear to many or perhaps to just one.

As we express the reality of God's love on the earth, the kingdom of God is built on earth as it is in heaven! I hope that we all spend our lifetime discovering what it means to build the kingdom of Heaven together.

For me, “building the Kingdom together” means that we work together to help people to LIVE the abundant life that God intended them to live. LIVE a life of freedom, a life that serves and honors God. And as we LIVE a life in love with our God, He fills us with compassion for our neighbor. This is referred to as "righteousness and justice" in the scripture.

World in View has helped me, as they have helped many others, to discover what it looks like for me to live out Amos 5:24

“But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.”


I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to work with WIV.

As my 18 month commitment has come to an end, this season of formally working with World in View has come to and end. This transition will not affect my support of World in View in their efforts to care for orphaned and vulnerable children in Southern Africa.


You can continue to follow my blog at livinghope.squarespace.com for more stories from Africa and updates on my future plans.

My email address will also be changing to jeanaimee@gmail.com

Thank you! Much love to especially Jeff and Rebecca. It has been a joy to build the kingdom with you. I could never express how much I have learned from you and how thankful I am for all that you have done for me.

No comments: