Tuesday, August 5, 2008

every detail

For the last 7 days I have been in the Western Cape, SA on one of the best vacations I could ever imagine! Heather, a volunteer with Hands from Canada, and I left J'burg with a flight ticket and accommodation with a friend. We were both so busy before we left we literally did not have time to plan the details of our trip. Everything could not have been more perfect, from the moment we stepped of the plane and hopped onto my laptop to search the internet for car rentals!

We visited wineries, stayed with lovely friends, walked with penguins and climbed Table Mountain. Last night we stayed at a B&B with a view of the Atlantic. Breathtaking! After spending some time on the beach with the penguins, we drove down to the Cape of Good Hope, the southwestern most tip of Africa. "This is a holy moment" sung in my heart. Moments like these still my heart.

I continue to be Flickr challenged and my computer is sick, but will try to post some pics. Would love for you to see some of these sights! What you will not see is... the opera guy who sung to us on the Riverfront, the penguin who almost got my nose and the baboon who chased me until I through my mint choco ice cream cone down for her. Very fun!

I asked the Father when we were hiking up Table Mt to talk to me about his character. He said "I will take care of every detail."

Today we smile. hakuna matata! My new mantra!

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

I am smiling as I read this post. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time... and someone named Heather.. LOL
=D
I can't wait to hear more about it.