Monday, July 28, 2008

Grace

I have learned much about grace over the past few weeks, mostly because I have required so much of it. Thank you to my dear friends for loving me through my stress. Thank you to the UK team for making what must have felt like millions of PB sandwiches and being willing to be stretched while entertaining the children. You did a great job talking about HIV and worms. Thank you to Carolyn and Vivian for helping the logistics come together.

Last Wednesday in small group I listened as Marc M talked about grace. I realized in that moment I have been very weak in the area of giving grace, while I have been receiving a huge amount of grace. This was a most humbling realization.

I have spent a lot of time meditating on grace. When we are young, we see the world in black and white. As we get older, our world perspective changes. When people let us down, we are able to not react, but address the issue. Wow. Lord, I hope that one day I grow up to the point when this can be said of me.

No comments: