Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Justice

Tuesday morning prayer Lady's meeting. It began without event, with a word and a hand full of heart felt requests. Emily spoke, "my father is better, but please let us still pray for Zimbabwe." Emily's family lives in Zim. She got news one Friday that her father was ill. Sounded serious. Between our phone lines being down and challenges on the Zim side, it took over a week to reach her family. It is good to hear that he is better now.

When prayer started, I got a picture in my mind from the movie "the Kite Runner." A young boy was watching his close friend get beat up by older boys. He watched, ran and never spoke a word to anyone.

Something in me rose up. Are we just watching what is happening in Zim from a distance then running away, doing nothing?

We have authority! We must pray! Right now there is a ship loaded with arms from China that tried to dock in SA, but was turned away. It is now trying to get in through Mozambique. We must use the authority that the Lord has given to us and intercede on their behalf!

My understanding for Justice is just beginning. What I know is that I am deeply touched by the pain that I see around me. The question becomes, am I going to do anything with the fact that I am touched, or am I simply going to turn around and live life as if I had never seen, never been touched.

This is what I believe that it means to desire justice.

I would love your comments on this.

4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

=)
God wants us to be interecessors for the injustices we see in our lives in order to bring justice to those situations. When the burden of interecession lights upon us, we pray it through and when it lifts we let it go.
Lots of people are praying for Zim right now....
peace.

Laramarie said...

I think the more you know God the more he shares his heart for people. His heart is huge...so much pain, joy and love for all people we couldn't possibly contain it. But he chose to share this part of his heart with you :). Interceding for them will not only help bring about God's will for justice but will draw you in further and further into the depth of his love...

Kris said...

I pray that God never allows us to become desensitized to his urging and calling to pray. When we pray we release God's will from the heaven's, including his justice and grace.

Unknown said...

Jean Aimee,

The prayers in your heart will be heard and they will reach those who are able to release the food and support that is so intensely needed.

Hold it in your heart and your intercession will find resolution.

Arden Gifford, MD