Friday, March 21, 2008

Zambia!

My heart if filled with stories to tell you about what has been happening "on this side."

I arrived in Zambia last Sunday. The purpose of this trip was to help to receive a team from Zambia who are coming in part to train a new HBC project. They arrived yesterday. Our time will over lap about a week, then I will return to SA for our African and International conference. (Jeff Neal will be at the international conference!!)

Since Sunday, I have been meeting with our existing projects in Zambia and learning about the youth project that one of our Footprint volunteers started, along with another friend with Canada, Jordan and Natalie.

I was anxious and concerned about the details of this trip before I arrived. From the moment that I arrived it has been amazing. It is so good to stay with Jordan and Natalie in their house. It is great to see what they have started from SCRATCH! They youth leaders are excited about learning everything they can to help the vunerable youth in their community. I was able to share my CHE material with them. They are very excited to put it into the leaders' hands!

One week before I came to SA, a group of 4 people came to SA to learn from the project there. We had a wonderful time visiting in SA. when I arrived here, it was a smooth transition to visit their projects to see and learn all about what they do. There is actually a project that distributes ARVs for HIV through a clinic exclusively for their HBC patients. My eyes were wide open!

All of the key relationships that I have here were established before I arrived, even up to one week prior to my arrival. I had even met part of the Canadian team last year in SA. Thank you Lord for going before me and setting up every detail.

Please pray for me next week as we start the training. Please pray that all of us come with an attitude of "learners" and we will all have a wonderful experience, I am confident!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Heather Jones said...

I am glad to hear things are running well. Yall will be in my prayers.
=)