Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hello friends

I will start with an apology for not posting for so long. I will try to bring you up to date.

It was wonderful to be home and see friends and my family. I did not realize how much I missed everyone. Thank you for coming out to have coffee with me and hear stories about life here. I hope that you were encouraged and feel like you have a better picture of what God is doing here and what life looks like here. You are definitely a huge part of the work here. Your support means the world to me. These are not just words. I am discovering more and more what it is to completely depend on the Lord for everything.

My friends who advised me that it was going to be hard to come home for one month then return for one year were right. Though it was wonderful to be home, it was also hard.

On my way back to Africa, I stopped in London for a couple of days. One of my favorite sounds on earth is the sound of a boy's choir in St.Paul's Cathedral. Sunday night I traveled into town for a special service. I cannot imagine the sound of angels in heaven being any more beautiful. At the end of the service the hand full of attendees had the opportunity to get quite close to the choir as they sang. I think that this experience was the Father's special gift to me.

Coming back to SA felt very natural. There is not a grand sense of adventure or the unknown, simply the assurance that this is where I am to be at this time.

The first week the Lord took care of every detail. Friends from Mozy came to pick me up from the airport and drove me to their house 2 hours away. I stayed at their house (their haven) for 3 nights. On Friday they drove me back to Johannesburg to meet friends who would be taking me to see The Lion King. WOW!! To see this production in SA was definitely and experience of a lifetime! The Lord then arranged for a ride to ASM, where I live. I am so thankful to see the Lord's hand taking care of every detail as I return. I am safe in His hand.

This gradual process of reentering into SA was essential for me this year. As I said, I have a definite sense that I am in His will in SA, but it is very hard to be here. I feel that I have given the Lord all of who I am. In this transition back to SA, I felt the pain of this cost. In fact I have never experienced such pain. Many of you have supported me through this, and I thank you. I am seeking the Lord daily, sometimes hourly or more. He is faithful to give me His perspective and hope.

Because the cost of being here is so high, it is making my commitment to this year higher than ever. I am very excited to see what the Lord is going to do this year!! Thank you for believing with me and for praying with and for me. I will do my best to keep in touch with you with a play by play of stories!

No comments: