Monday, November 19, 2007

My Mind Connot Concieve!

After our Morning Prayer time, George Snyman asked to meet with me for 10 minutes. He said that the Glaxo Smith Klein Rep that met us in Mozambique offered to send me to the leading HIV training hospital in all of Africa for one-on-one training in HIV and infectious diseases.

He asked me not to answer, but to absorb what he was saying. The GSK rep said that she wants to fully fund this training as she feels that this will enable both Hands and me personally to move up to the next level.

After our ever so brief conversation, I told both Marc and George that it is in line with most conversations that I have with them. They are every bit as life changing as they are brief.

I wanted to capture the intensity of this "moment" for you.

While we were in Mozambique last week, George asked me if I could "see it yet?" I told him "no."

He was asking me if I could see how I fit within the bigger vision of Hands. This while I was doing home based care with George in Mozambique for the first time. I was in complete awe of what the Lord was doing.

Have you ever experienced a time or season in life when you identified with Dennis Jernigan’s song "I do not want to move from this Holy place?" A time in life when you almost do not want to breath for fear that this moment will be gone?

This would describe how I felt about leaving the time I experienced in Mozambique. As opportunities are unfolding before me, my response has been "my mind cannot conceive what the Lord has for me."

Often there is a bit of fear and in trepidation as I move my foot from one place to the next, only to discover bigger and more exciting plans that the Lord has for me.
Not only do I not want to move. I do not want to breathe!

Please believe with me and I will believe with you that the Lord has plans for us that our minds cannot conceive!

4 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Ohhhhh, this is remarkable! It makes me think of the david crowder song, I dont wanna move.. Powerful moments. You are in my prayers as God continues to expand your heart, your mind and your expectations. This reminds me of the quote next to my mirror...(and this is not verbatim, though I should have this memorized) ..Expect great things from God, lack of faith in God is often fed by underestimating what He wants to do through us -I think this was said by hudson taylor
Peace to you

Andrea said...

In my own life, I call it an "intentional moment." A moment that feels so very much from God...a moment or time that He has given to you and made for you. Those moments are rich and full. I was SO excited to read this, Jean Aimee! I got goose bumps and chills and was praising God for His work in your life and His leading. Wow. I am excited to follow your journey a bit and see what else unfolds!!

I am back home (for two days) and remembering our conversations about "remembering what you saw" and "stepping back into this whole different world." I appreciate all you shared and want to get my hands on "The Good News About Injustice."

thanks for everything and, again, praise the Almighty for the incredible work He is doing in YOUR midst!

Urban Chick said...

Hey beautiful. Please continue to be encouraged in the Lord. He is doing a wonderful work through you.

Lisa said...

This is so wonderful. I was so excited for you when I read this. Our GSK rep, Ashely, is here today and I printed out the blog for her to read all about it. She was excited when I was telling her about. She said that they send reps to Africa for training also.