Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reflecting

“not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing, not how much we give, but how much love you put in the giving.” Mother Teresa.

A dear friend, Emily, shared this quote with me this morning. It seems to put everything into perspective. As I am thinking of returning home in a few weeks, I look back at the past year. What value have I added? I realize that it is not about what I have done but how much love I have put into what I have done.

At one time I was really struggling with this. The Lord told me to meditate on 2 Corinthians 13 everyday. The Lord wanted to remind me daily. While I may have good intentions and the things that I am doing are good, if I am not showing love in everything it is like a loud gong, rubbish.

Perspective is everything.

To all who have invested in this time, how can I best communicate the fruit of your investment? This rolls over in my mind again and again. Is it in a report with a list of activities? While this is important, I do not think that it will communicate how I have changed. How the Lord has touched others through me. Stories. I can tell stories. Man! Can I tell stories!

My hope is that you will smile when you hear that when I come home I just want to listen. I desperately want to hear your stories. I would like to share with you too. Show you pictures and share the amazing ways that I see the Lord moving in Africa. It is like I am coming home after a long day at work on the phone. Have you ever come home after a long day and you just want to listen to your loved ones talk? Just to hear their voice again. Just to see and experience life with the ones you have missed, the ones you love so much.

This is my heart right now. I just want to come home, sit on your couch and listen. Then we can share together. I am sure that we both have stories of the amazing things that the Lord is doing. So glad to be a part of your life.

See you in the morning.

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

=)
I am looking forward to some "couch time"
peace!
Heather