Sunday, July 20, 2008

Malawi

August is going to be a packed month! I will come back with lots of photos to share. After I get back from Cape Town, I will be taking a 2 course on HIV in Malawi. We are interested in starting a new project in Malawi, so while I am there another member of our team, Levi, will be coming to lay a foundation through relationship with me in the new area. I cannot express how exciting this is.

The new area is in a strategic location for our work in Mozambique, so it will be in line with Carlos' long term plans. We have just learned about the community in need. So Levi and I will be meeting with community leaders, pastors and community members to cast vision, define need and dream together about the possibilities.

Amazing.

Please pray for us. In addition to an action plan, we will also documenting each of the steps that we take so that it can be put together with what we are doing in other new areas. We are working very hard this year to document everything from how to start a new project logisticly to how to train new HBC volunteers, run a youth project... This is a very exciting time to be here!

Please pray for us as we go into Malawi. May be not lay down our own plans, but may our anthem be "we make a way for you, oh Lord!"

No comments: