Monday, July 21, 2008

Dreams

It was a dream that got me here and it was a dream that has kept me here. At the end of the day, it is not a dream that would bring me back. I have believed for a long time that the Lord is doing something in Africa and I want to be a part of it.

All that really matters is, am I honoring the Lord with everything that I am doing?

A dream can drive us, even away from the Lord.

Numbers 6 "May the Lord bless you and keep you." This is important because when the Lord blesses us, often we take possession of that blessing. When we do that it can destroy us. We try to control "it" and "it" becomes the object of our affection, of our thoughts and sometimes our everything.

If there is anything that I am white knuckling, refusing to release even to the Lord, I know that there is a problem. I realized that I knew that what the Lord put in me was from him, so I guarded it with everything. How does this relate to the parable of the talents? hum. Will have to give thought to that.

Right now I have never trusted the Lord more. Have I said that already? I realize that I have not always trusted Him with my dreams to be in Africa. In fear I have made decisions to be sure that "this" would always be possible.

The old saying is true, that you cannot steer a car unless it is moving. The question willing to trust God to steer? Seems silly, I know. Also seems real to me right now.

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

(Numbers 6 "May the Lord bless you and keep you." This is important because when the Lord blesses us, often we take possession of that blessing. When we do that it can destroy us. We try to control "it" and "it" becomes the object of our affection, of our thoughts and sometimes our everything.)
I really like how you put this. Anything can become an idol in our lives, even blessings from the Lord.
I have had to ask myself the question... if I were to become notable for music, writing or whatever else... could I walk away from it when God said it was over or would I try to hang on to it?
Great post.... thanks!