Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Getting my head around "it"

Hello my friends! I am still here! So glad you are too.

I have now been back at Hands at Work for one month now. Even though I was here last year, it was challenging to adjust back into life when I returned. Thank you for your prayers and emails during this time. I have felt very supported and loved by my friends and family.

I often look for stories in my day to tell you. You know how long my stories can be... so before I write to you, I like to have all of my thoughts together. Since "getting my thoughts together" since I have been back has not been easy for me, I have not been writing very much.

Today a light bulb went off! We have small group on Wednesday mornings. My group meets at the Snyman home. George was there this morning, so we stole about 5 or 10 minutes after the group for a quick chat. I told him that my head is spinning as I am trying to piece together everything that I am looking at doing this year. He narrowed it down and clearly restated what he would like for me to do this year. We are both on the same page exactly. I left our conversation feeling excited and recharged!

At the beginning of next month, we are going to have an African Conference, when all of our project directors will gather together. George would like for me to sit with each of them individually to ask them how their home based care projects are going and how we can support them. Then, I will meet with all of the projects from each country to do the same.

Following the African Conference, we are going to be meeting with our international partners. This will be an excellent opportunity for me to discuss with our partners how we can work together to offer our projects the support that they are asking for.

Wow. As I said, a light bulb went off. I can clearly see my place and it excites me every time I think about it!!

All things are truly coming together. I told many of you about a certification that I was working towards, so that we can offer training through Hands for Home Based Care workers to receive government recognized training. Praise the Lord, I passed! In SA the proper term is that I was found competent. This project was VERY stressful! Oh, I am SO relieved that it all worked out. Thank you for those who were praying for me about this.

As for what the Lord is doing in my life... I am not sure where to begin. The most significant lesson that I am learning is that I am not here TO DO anything. I am here to trust God and receive His love. This is my purpose. Everything else that I do is only secondary to loving Him.

Thank you dear friends for your love and support. Please remember that I am just on the ground. We are all a part of this work. I will try to write regular updates and post pictures on my flicker account and for those on facebook, I have not taken the time to figure out how to post pictures there, but I will give it a try.

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

=D I am glad to hear that you have peace and are ready to hit the ground running!
If flikr offers an option to paste into places such as myspace here is how you can add those picks to facebook.
Make sure you have the application Superwall in facebook
Create the code... go into face book add the the code directly inside of your superwall. I have recently done that on my facebook page. It will allow everyone who sees your page to see the pics.