Saturday, August 18, 2007

Is there hope for Africa? YES!

The first time that I met Joalinho was on July 12. He is about 4 years old and is HIV positive. Previously he enjoyed running and playing with his brothers, sisters and cousins. When I met him he could not walk. Each week that we went to visit him, he was getting worse. Soon he lost the use of his left hand and was loosing his hearing. It was evident that he had developed a brain infection and needed medication urgently. We treated what we could, helped his family get him to the hospital and continued to pray for him.


Joalinho is one of 6 orphans that his Vovo cares for. Though the family has very little material possessions, the love in this home is evident. The children laugh and play together with much joy!


We visited Joalinho's family about 2 weeks ago. He had received treatment at the hospital and was continued on his HIV medications.

Last Thursday as soon as we turned the corner to Joalinho's house he ran to us and jumped into my arms. My heart sang praise to the King of Kings! Oh, I cannot tell what it felt like to see him so filled with joy and life!
I can say with my whole heart... YES! There is hope for Africa.
Oh, Praise the Lord for his healing touch on Joalinho!




No comments: