Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mozambique via Mercy Air and South African strike update

Tomorrow morning I will board a Mercy Air flight bound for Chimoio, Mozambique! http://mercyair.org/ This will no doubt be the beginning of a great adventure. Since I have arrived I have had a small amount of hands on ministry. The purpose of my trip to Mozambique is to go into the trenches with Home Based Care. I cannot wait!

I will have some Internet access, so I will be in touch. Thank you for your prayers.

The strike is still on in South Africa. PLEASE continue to pray for this terrible situation. Every week there are needless deaths due to lack of care. People are even dying in front of the clinic. Hospitals are accepting emergencies, but clinics are accepting no one.

A further implication of this is the thousands of people on TB treatment. If they are unable to get into the clinic, they are unable to get their medication. This is yet another crisis as a result of this strike.

Please pray.

No comments: