Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Me and Charlotte doing Home Based Care


Emily, age 7 and Elise, age 10 are my two nieces at home in Corinth, Texas. For the last several years I have asked them to choose a stuffed animal for me to bring with me everywhere I go. Charlotte is with me this time. You might see Charlotte every now and then in a photo. When I return home, I can make an album for my nieces and tell them about all the adventures that Charlotte has had.
Charlotte and I walked the ground of Cork along side 4 very dedicated Home Based Care volunteers. With little and sometimes no resources, the volunteers offer hope and love to those who are sick and dying in their community.
At the end of the day, all of the teams come together to give report. As the report is read aloud, the needed of the community becomes known and they make a plan to deliver medication, food or provide transport to the medical facility where needed and when resources allow.
While I was worshipping with the team prior to going out, the Lord spoke to me that He sees them and hears their cry, just as he heard Hagar in Genesis 16. The Lord also told me know important it is to walk along side of those who are doing this work. They are not alone. It is essential for them to know this. During our worship time I smiles as I closed my eyes and could feel all those who are praying for me and who have supported me standing and worshiping with me.
As we began to walk in the community I told the volunteers that the Lord sees them and they are not alone. It is an honor to walk by their side.

No comments: